Thursday 22 October 2015

Choco chip cookies - Recipe.

Chocolate chip cookies was on my to do list like forever. I had Chocolate chips and butter, eggs and all the baking staples but, never found the perfect recipe.

Finally, while browsing Fb found Fondbites. This is one of my favorite baking site. I used to be part of their bake alongs sometime back. Found the choco chip and made it.


 It was delicious. Especially, while warm I devoured two of them.
There was a small change though. I ran out of maida and added wheat flour instead. Worked out as a healthy option too.



Here's the recipe.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup maida, 1/2 cup wheat flour)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tspn baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 100 grams unsalted butter
  • 1 tspn vanilla essence


METHOD


  • Line a baking tray using butter, ghee or oil or even parchment paper
  • Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 10 mins
  • In a bowl, melt butter to liquid form, cool it down.
  • Add sugar and beat with electric beater on high for about 5 mins.
  • Add the egg and beat gently, add vanilla essence and mix well.
  • Sift flour, salt and baking soda and add this to the butter and egg mixture.
  • I used my hands at this stage.
  • The mixture was a bit too sticky and wet, so I added 2 tbspns more flour and it was the right consistency now.
  • Add the choco chips and incorporate well.
  • Make small round balls and place on the baking tray at a nominal distance.
  • The heat is going to melt this and bring it in the form of a cookie so note the distance here.
  • Bake for 15 mins. I kept an eye on mine at 10 mins and took it out by 15 mins. 


Let it cool and devour to your hearts content. Trust me you can't stop.



Store in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment