Tuesday 6 October 2015

Perks of being a teacher - Part II

Here I am again with the series - Perks of being a teacher. I'm glad I received several comments on the Part I and I enjoyed reading and writing it too.

Today, the Perks of being a teacher are Semester breaks. Oh yes, I love this profession for this reason as well. Which job pays you to sit at home?. That's just another benefit however, there are more to list and they are on their way.

So, I had this 10 day break last week and I so loved it. The early morning chaos and routine was given a pause button and I took all the rest I needed though I missed my kids from school at times.
Throughout this time I baked, went for walks, slept like there's no tomorrow and helped with the boy getting prepped for work. I watched Breaking Bad back to back.

Now, I'm back to school but, recalling that break feels good and I believe every profession needs this as it helps you reflect on your life and unwind. No stress involved.
I've worked in a corporate, as a nurse, as a Nursing tutor and at a Hospital in administration but, nothing gave the amount of happiness and rest I receive from Teaching.


Hope you enjoyed reading. 

Until next time and the next Perk. 

This is written for #MondayMusings on WriteTribe.





No comments:

Post a Comment