Monday 15 February 2016

Breaking the Stereotype.

Women are mostly judged based on their appearances. I'm a Woman and people very often judge me, they have judged me and still do but, I prove them wrong most of the time and I'm glad I do.

If she has SHORT HAIR - A Tomboy

If she prefers jeans - she has no regard for tradition,

and so on.

I am a straight forward person and I like to voice my opinion when I feel the need. I used to work for a Corporate and I hated my Team Lead there.

In short, he was a moron but, I had no other choice than to report to him. He thought I spoke a lot and I was too straight forward. In his terms being a girl means to keep quiet when every other man spoke and I broke that stereotype quite a number of times.
During one of the one to one meetings, he mentioned that if I was this way I would never get married and my husband would have a tough time with me. I changed his opinion by getting married and found not my better half but, my BEST half. P.S - He was not invited for the wedding. **evil grin**

Story continues - After I quit the corporate I started working as a Teacher. One of my friends during a chat mentioned that to him(yeah the same moron) and he said I was not fit for the profession and that I needed patience which I don't have blah blah. I proved him wrong again by continuing to work as a  teacher(P.S - A kindergarten teacher) for 2 years now and I love my job and kids. P.S - Well he was terminated for integrity issues. **evil grin** again.

Well, by now you get the idea. We women are strong and we break any stereotype. So, don't judge a book by its cover.

I was shocked at the statistics. Take a look at some of the startling figures that the Nihar Naturals #IAmCapable survey conducted by Nielsen India reveals.

a. 69% of men agree that their judgement of women is based on their looks.

b. 64% of women agree that the judgments passed on them have affected their ability to reach their true potential.

c. 70% of women agree that majority of judgments on women are from family members or friends rather than strangers.

d. 72% of women agree that working women face more judgments on their looks or their clothes than housewives.

I'm breaking and will continue breaking the stereotypes based on appearance by sharing my experience for the #IAmCapable activity at Blogadda in association with Nihar Naturals.


I hope you enjoyed reading and do check this video by Nihar Naturals.

This post is written for the #IAmCapable by Nihar Naturals focussing on Women breaking the Stereotype based on appearance.

Until Next time.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Roon. Dedicated to all Women out here. I wish that Moron always reads this article. Interesting he wanted to discuss your personal life on a one on one.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete